Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Jillian's bloody Cakery

I slept reasonably well and meditated reasonably badly before rolling out of bed this morning. Too much on my mind to drift away, but the deep breathing was good and I felt OK. Right up until I found the red back spider just in front of my tub full of running gear in the laundry.

Normally I leave them alone; yes, they're a dangerous spider but they're pretty placid and unlikely to nip you unless you ram a thumb up their arse. But this one was a little too close to places kids and wife may potter about, so she met a grisly - but quick - end, thwacked with a thong/flip-flop/jandel.

Not a good start to the day then.

Work was pretty much back to back meetings and an interview with a potential senior dev who was doing well, then not so well, then not knowing what an acronym he'd used on his CV stood for - really not so well at all. Shame, he was a lovely lad.

I did manage to nip out at lunch time to grab a pie and slab of "oh yes you will be running tonight" from Jillian's Cakery.

It had been pointed out to me earlier, when I was getting my mid morning coffee. Banana, some sort of icing cream, salted caramel New York cheese cake. Fuck me it was good. And great motivation to run, even if it needed to be late and after Sal got back from meeting a friend after work. Which it was as she did, but 11km is plenty of penance I say. It was rather chilly this evening too. I avoided the rain, which was good, but I felt justified in pulling on the Helly Hansen classic this evening before donning a shirt. I quite like the look of the old school Helly gear - the navy blue with white detailing on the arms.

Anyway, that is a little bit of today. No touchy feely stuff, but I'm tired and need to finish this gin off before I go to bed. June will be mostly dry, what with the Gold Coast marathon on July 1st, so a couple of wee nips at the tail end of May won't hurt


No comments: