Sunday, June 03, 2018

bleugh

Well there you have it. From a getting worse sort of day on Thursday I sort of bounced into work on Friday morning feeling like a sack of arse. I lasted the couple of hours I thought I'd last and then wobbled out of work. Rather than head straight home I headed to Jellyfish for a bowl of porridge and a coffee before walking home to have a day sleeping myself better. Oh, I did have a wander through a storm drain on the way home because I do stuff like that.

By which I mean binge watching Altered Carbon on Netflix.

And that was pretty much Friday. Feeling sorry for myself I bought a couple of beers, meaning my dry-June in the run up to my Gold Coast Marathon on July 1st was a fail on day 1. Go me! Got the girls off to bed and finished Altered Carbon before sliding off to bed before Sal got back from her after work drinks at...er...early Saturday?

And so to Saturday. I knew Sal had not been home at midnight so I dragged myself out of bed - feeling ordinary but functioning - and loaded the kids up in the car an headed back to Jellyfish for a bowl of porridge and a coffee for breakfast. Selfish choice because I wanted to go take a look at the big lumpy waves smashing Manly.  It was all very wild and wooly and I love that shit. Kids not so much, but hey, I'm their dad so I get to drag them around for a few years yet.

Saturday is pretty easy going. From brekkie it is to the pool to have a chat wiht some other dads while the kids have their lessons, then pie time for lunch - Brooky Pie. Afternoon was simple. AJ is a big Star Wars fan so it was Solo with my oldest for the afternoon. We both thoroughly enjoyed it. Easy peasy. And on the way back from the cinema, as I'd already blown dry June, I bought a couple of brews.

Still on the slide I woke up on Sunday feeling far worse than I had on Saturday. Head full of snot, chesty cough, bit of a temperature. Yeah, I'll not be running 40km this weekend. So it was a family day, a nice gentle one. We drove over to Mosman to walk some of Cremorne Point, then on the fly decided to head over to the City for lunch, which we had at the rooftop cafe of the Museum of Contemporary Art. It was a good day. And given that Ice Cube played the Sydney Opera Hosue this week I am going to shamelessly embed this.


Where was I? Yeah, feeling pretty shit. Out of breath walking up stairs, aches. So bollocks, I'm having a stout and some gin.

Anything else? Time to spray some stuff to just get it down. Good chat with the kids about death, even if they don't yet full comprehend it. I'm doing well to not shout at the kids, but it has been a struggle this weekend. What is it since I last yelled? Three weeks? Four?

I'm shot, not feeling like I'm making it into work tomorrow...


No comments: