Tuesday, May 22, 2018

sad news, time to plan a reunion

It's a long story that I may or may not have written about at the time, but I had to get rid of my dog.



Oh no, he isn't dead. He kept escaping by jumping over the fence. He was a danger to himself and others and he had to go. He really did go to a better place, back to the breeder to live with his sister.

Anyway, a relative of his had to be put down, so a visit to see the big lump is definitely on the cards.

one man and his dog

This is me and him 10years ago, at our happy place, Clive Park. He's an Irish Water Spaniel. A fairly rare - and mad - breed. And I do miss him. It broke my fucking heart when I took him to the airport for his trip down south.

And there is a bit of me that still believes he is my dog. I still think of him as my dog. I'll be in floods of tears when I see him. In full coat, in his prime, he was a magnificent thing.


hairy legs

And he was a gentle giant. Not always one for snuggles, but he's creep in to make sure everything was OK and to keep an eye on the pack.


Rowlf and H

Anyway, that's what has been on my mind today.

And I think I'll leave it at that. Yeah, I did a day's work, I ran just under 10k on my still sore legs and I watched the kids being put through their paces at acrobatics. I wrote a small bio for a departing team member as a personal favour because he reckons I'm good at that stuff (made me fell good that did :-) )

And that'll do for now.

No comments: