Monday, May 21, 2018

(not) Happy Monday

Well there is a bit of happy towards the end, so read on.

I feel pretty rotten so this will be a short one. I suspect skipping lunch then running home was not the smartest one-two of decisions I've ever made. Given I'm training for a marathon I tend to think that running while knackered has a benefit in that it prepares you for the latter stages of your race. But after a reasonable half....yeah, I'm feeling pretty knocked about.

So what else about today? I'd had a ropey night's sleep, probably my congratulatory beers. Or the gin. Likely didn't need the gin. Certainly not the second one. And I always approach Monday carrying a bit of extra stress because I'm in the Development Manager at work and I'm not a developer. Which really shout not be a big deal as there is a shit ton of work that isn't dev work that is best undertaken by someone who would not be better off doing dev work - so me. But I'm still coming to terms wiht not having all the knowledge I think I need and certainly don't.

Anyway, stressy morning but a cracking sunset behind the Opera House had started things well.

I want to go to bed, so I'll leave the work stuff for another day.

You know I ran home.

One of the highlights of my week is picking the girls up form their dance class on a Monday evening. I get there a bit before the end and sit in a corner watching them do their thing. They love dancing and I love watching them dance. I think it is because it is something they have chosen and it is something they do together. When I got there this evening H was being held aloft by the bigger kids in part of a contemporary routine.

OK, that'll do for today; a bit about running, work, feeling and the kids. Not a lot, but a bit.

No comments: