Thursday, October 19, 2006

a confusion of Kevins

This morning I called the physio to confirm my appointment time that I did not remeber. Either 4 or 4:30. Five I was told and therefore it was a good job that I called. Fast forward to 4:45 and I get a call asking where am I? Seems they have two Kevins on their books and today we were to see Liz one after the other, me at 4:30 (I knew it!) and Kevin II at 5. So from 3:50 till 4:40 I was sitting in Centennial Park reading a book and it was when I was making my way to the physio that I got the chasing call. Other health news while I am at it..if I want some glasses they will cost under $400. My morning run was a lap of the park at a picked up pace and I finished it with an average heart rate of somewhat higher than I'd like (probably around 180) in a shade under 33mins. So I have a baseline. I get the map out and measured the distance - albeit roughly - to a little over 9km.

The rest of the day, between my run and my physio no-show was rather a dull affair, though I did find a small native plants regeneration gully just down the road named the Fred Hollows Reserve, which the ABC start a description of thus:

The Fred Hollows Reserve was named in 1993 in memory of Doctor Fred Hollows, who was a local resident of Randwick and was a very active member of the local community group who helped to preserve the gully and save it from future development. It is situated in the Coogee Basin between Alison Road & Bligh Place in the eastern suburbs of Sydney. The reserve is surrounded by large sandstone ridges, and amongst these are a series of gullies. This is the only one to have survived with its original vegetation virtually in tact, with the others having been completely covered with urban development.

Very nice too.

Panoramatastic K750i shot!
...of Queens Park





It was upon my return from the wandering that took me through the reserve that I discovered I had locked myself out. On my morning run I had taken just the front door key and upon my return from that run I had not put it back on my keyring with the other keys that I later took with me. So instead of returning home from not-the-physio it was more reading in the park and then a wander, take a few pics, arrange to see our prospective new place with a building inspector in the morning and generally scratch my arse until Sally called to say she was home and I could get in.

No comments: