Saturday, October 28, 2006

Dream On

I have been reading in Darren's blog about his weird dreams and that must have been in my mind at 02:30 when I awoke from a weird one of my own and scrawled a few notes about it on the back of an envelope. Surreal, it went like this. I think.

I was at some sort of a zoo that had large outside pools and one had an orca (killer whale) in it and the next one had some sort of seal thing that may have been a leopard seal, and some smaller seals. As I look at the seals I see the large one clamber out of the water, front flippers grasping the pillar between the two pools and then it flops into the orca pool. It was aide, or at least being watched, by two of it's pool-mates. I don't actually see it morph into a huge and hairy (I think) thing, but I assume that is what happens as now, as I look through the glass wall of the pool, I can see a huge, hairy, sort-of-seal-but-sort-of-not-a-seal-maybe-more-like-a-walrus thing occupying most of the space in the pool. No idea where the orca has gone. There is, however, a man in one of those triathlon wetsuits swimming in the pool and it is a tightish squeeze for him to get around the beast. He does not seem at all concerned about the thing.

And then I seem to be under the stands of some sort of sports stadium, that I assume is the zoo building, and an alarm goes off that someone in a suit tells me is a fire alarm as the compactor (go figure) has caught fire. Then there are a lot of people with guns running around. At no time did I seem particulalry concerned. The next thing I did is cross over the A24 at North Cheam and then I woke up.

I really think I had too much to eat last night.

No comments: