Saturday, April 14, 2007

day to day stuff

I've lost my window seat at work, busted down to a seat closer to the lifts and the bog. Temporary, we are told, until we get more space. Shame. I can still see the Harbour from my desk, but I have to look over other desks. Oh well. The move itself, like a chain in house moving, was such that I had to wait for my new spot to become free and after waiting a while I got bored and pissed off home. A nice early end to a short week.

Home early meant I could take Rumpole for his second walk of the day. He'd had an early and short walk so O made things up to him with a wak through the gully to Tunks Park where he could play with other hounds and then go for a swim. Initially hesitatant he finally got the idea and was happiliy paddling himself about, retrieving things that need not be retrieved - leaves for instance. Then it was a walk home, taking in a cracking sunset, and an early night to make up for the sleep lost on the previous two nights to barking dogs.

Other stuff...Thursday night I walked home for a second time. At just under 5 miles I am using the walk as a run substitute in my marathon taper. Not sure I can, officially, do that. But I'm full of niggles and doubts so taking it easy to steer clear of last minute injury. It's a reasonable walk home, meaning the first bit, over the Bridge, is great and the rest is average.

To bring us up to date, Saturday started with me dialling into work to do some geek stuff, a dog walk to breakfast, me deciding not to get a bike on eBay, a new 4.5mile easy taper run and that's it. Natural highpoint was spotting a load of spiders (lots about right now, think it is a pre-winter thing) one of which was webbing-up a still-alive bee. Gruesome nature stuff, good to see.

No comments: