The hound got an early walk this morning as I headed out to grab a dozen hot cross buns for breakfast. The day didn't really go anywhere. I sorted out my dodgy (read - compromised) eBay account over an internet chat session with their support folks. Very impressed with that. The weather has been typical Sydney Easter, so chilly, the threat of rain and windy. So at midday I headed out for a shortish run, a road loop on deserted roads. Shops closed, no cars on the roads. Brings home just how many people shop and how much shopping goes on. Far too much, in my humble. Anyway, after getting home I decided to take the dog for walk number two, through the gully to the harbour and let him have a swim.
Only again today he decided to be a bit of a girl and didn't have a swim. He did, however, stick his whole head under the water as soon as he fot there. Odd; the sort of thing I'd do, dip my head, take a look. But he's a dog. Can they hold their breath? Dunno. On the way to the harbour he sniffed a load of other dogs and was generally very good. Fooled a couple of people into believeing he was well trained. If only they knew. Met Sal and Maureen at the park - they drove and I took the lift home.
Good Friday, starting with hot cross buns - hold on, I forgot something. After the run and before the walk I watched a Jesus movie. Christian Bale was the man in white. American Psycho, Batman and Christ. Not a bad CV. I don't really understand remaking the easter story though...does not beneft from new special FX, not exactly a new spin on the tale (son of a chippie tells everyone to be nice to each other, pisses of the Romans and gets nailed to a tree then slung in a cave for a couple of days before pissing off to his Dad's place. Allegedly.) It does give a whole new generation of whities the opportunity to play a bunch of ancient Jews and Arabs in what is at least a demographically innacurate tale.
So, to bring Good Friday up to date. Dinner had to be fish and chips (apparently that's what Jesus would eat) and we had to think hard about where we could find such fare. As it happens there is a fish and chip shop on the main road, as the crow flies probably the closest shop to our home. D'oH! I found it in the phonebook, a large tome that is a throwback to the days before the internet.
Wonder if Jesus would be cheering for South Sydney Rabbitohs or the Canterbury Bulldogs? Probably Souths, Russel Crowe's team. Six apiece after 20minutes and I'm off to watch the rest of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment