Wednesday, June 06, 2007

misty water coloured

By the time I arrived at work this morning several things had happened that I thought blogworthy. Can I remember them all? Can I bollocks. But here goes.

Feeding the dog when I spotted, climbing next door's oak tree, a possum with small-possum attached to its back. Damn cute. Found myself wondering if this was the same one I'd seen some weeks earlier in the evening. That time there were two little ones in tow. Hope she's (he's? Not sure about parenting duties in possum society) not lost one. That said, it probably means one fewer possum living in our roof.

There is a small patch of blood on the bottom step of the steps leading to the deck of the Bridge. I took a picture of it - you may have noticed. That had me wondering if it was from a biker riding the ramp down the middle of the steps. And as I wondered that a guy on a mountain bike cycled past me up the ramp. Calfs and lungs ahoy.

Another weird dream last night. Remember virtually none of it but at one point I went into a park that looked something like Battersea Park and The Domain in Sydney. I was on my mountain bike that mysteriously (well, not mysterious at all, I ws dreaming) disappeared and I was letting my dog have a swim. My dog in this case was an Airdale Terrier and it was wearing a t-shirt. It was a great swimmer, better still once the t-shirt was off. I woke up after that.

Best news of the day is that next door put fertiliser on their garden last weekend. Good news because I have spet the week suspecting the smell to be the Rumpole shit in the back garden. He's off the hook.

No comments: