An extra special post for those who think I am some sort of depressive already. Picture this; gym changing room, bloke comes in and before getting out of his sweaty kit turns a shower on full-bore. Then, taking his time and chatting to a mate, he disrobes and goes to take a shower. Part way through he gets out of the shower, wanders to the sinks - water still on full-bore - does something or other (obviously I wasn't obviously staring) and then goes back to complete his shower. In the meantime I went into the shower and had my usual quickie. Water on, soak, water off. Gel on, lather up, water back on, rinse. Done in a couple of minutes.
Technically Australia is still in drought and, even if it wasn't, it is still the driest continent on the planet; wasting water is just plain fucking stupid. Some people simply do not get it and that depresses me no end. Stupidity bugs the hell out of me and, in my opinion, wastefullness is just stupid. Wasting water is uber-stupid. When we run out of oil we can generate power some other way, and the world will keep turning if we can't have plastics. But if we run out of water we all die. Simple.
As if that wasn't depressing enough I then had to deal with my own demons; why didn't I say anything? One reason layered with another. There were two of them, they were both far bigger than me and I did entertain the thought that if they took my suggestion the wrong way they could beat the crap out of me. I hate that there is some of that Daily Mail/Daily Telegraph ("terrorgraph") fear in me. And the layer I add is that the guys were - how does it go? - "of middle eastern appearance." I am smarter than that but I have to be at peace with my prejudices. So I'll not defend myself because I have nothing to defend myself for. But finally, even typing that, I'm annoyed with my inner "turmoil." Note the quotes; means I don't know the right words. Bugger it, I'm going to watch some TV.
No comments:
Post a Comment