Wednesday, October 17, 2007

cycle to work day

Today is cycle to work day. Today I ran to work. Yesterday I cycled and found my commuter bike, that I really like, still wants to kill me. Typically after I change gear. Not every gear change. No no, that would be predictable and something I could adapt to. This is approaching random, though typically when it is when I need to inject a bit of oomph and head up a hill, or push off from lights. So today I ran, not wanting to have another day of struggling uphill, afraid to get my arse off of the seat and stand on my pedals.

I also ran at lunch time yesterday with Chris, a member of my team who is leaving for pastures new on Thursday. He's not much of a runner and is coming back from injury so it was a slow trot for me. It damn near killed him though (OK, so I flatter myself and do him an injustice with that claim...) I was glad of the slower pace as it was 33degrees at lunchtime...in the crazy world of Sydney weather I cycled home in 19degrees. As the wind moved from NW to somewhat more southerly the temperature had dropped over 10degrees in about an hour. It does that out here. Still cooler this morning, the run to work was rather nice, but knackered me (no breakfast...)

No comments: