First thing first, Becks put a free kick away but could not steer LA Galaxy to a win. Sydney FC ran out 5-3 winners. The match had a Becckham goal in amongth the 8 and a sending off. Can't ask for a lot more than that.
I saw some of the tail end of the game on the tele once I got home from the flics where, with JCJ, I saw a new High Definition cut of the original Star Trek pilot, The Menagerie (aka The Cage.) All good nostalgic stuff. Kirk lifts and eyebrow, Spock gives one of his few smiles and that theme tune was stuck in my head for a fair while after the event. A blatant sales ploy, really, with the box sets about to hit the streets as the puchers try to milk a bit more cash from the dwindling ranks of original Trek addicts. It was quite entertaining. I rememebr Star Trek as an overly colourful show. In HD it is oh-my-god-colourful. The tidied up cut makes the enterprise look rather swanky from the outside; planets look more realistically planet-like, stars more star-like and skin tones look far more like skin. Of course it all goes pear-shaped when we get inside the ship and find ourselves looking at highly-defined large aluminiun boxes with plenty of primary coloured lights dotted on them. So poor. The cut sounded good too. Quite why the makers thought all future-doors, whether of human or alien construction, would make noises as they opened and closed is still beyond me.
A month-ish prior I'd seen the most recent cut of Bladerunner. The Final "no-really-this-is-the-last-cut" Cut. Again in HD and again impressively updated. But here is the thing with Bladerunner; I want my nightmare, dark smoggy vision of the future to be, well, shitty and smoggy and indistinct. And HD does not do that well. Don't get me wrong, I was very impressed and up-close stuff was fantastic...but the cityscapes lost as much as they gained, in my humble. Gained in the incredible detail that I shouldn't be able to make out. Oh yeah, and as far as I'm concerned he's definitely a replicant. Definitely.
In other Sc-Fi news...Sort of. I got home last night to find Sal not watching the soccer but watching the end of Transformers on DVD. That's the Sc-Fi link done with. So engrossed had she been in the movie that she failed to notice Rowlf, or as she chose to call him last night "your fucking dog", as he trotted into the loo, collected a loo roll from the bucket we store spares in, trotted out to the sunroom, passing an engrossed Sal, and ripped the roll to shreds. Four times did he do this before Sal noticed. Try as she might to transfer blame, I am not going to blame "my fucking dog" for her not shutting the loo door...
IWS fans...Rowlf merely ripped the loo rolls to bits...ironic really, as Sal had bought the boys new chew toys yesterday afternoon. He didn't eat his way through them.
1 comment:
Hey! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering
if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one?
Thanks a lot!
Also visit my web site :: Dragon City Cheat Engine
Post a Comment