Having left work early on Friday because I felt over-exercised and knackered I have since cycled for most of Saturday and today I went for a bush-and-road run of 2hr 43min. Oh well. Stupid is as stupid does. So today I wanted to hit the trails and the weather forecast was for cloud cover and showers that was almost right but mostly wrong. It was overcast as I left the house at a little after 7:30 but the cloud was light and by the time I was in the bush there were glimpses of sun. And the humidity was cranked. And there were spider webs across the trail. And lots of fallen trees. Australia is a weird place. It is covered, where it is covered at all, with a few inches of shitty soil that really does not provide a great anchorage for large trees. So when it rains and the wind blows, like it did this week, there is soil erosion and trees fall down. Over paths that I try to run along. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Though it is a pain in the arse to have to slow and duck under or clamber over the trees it is precisely what I am coming to really love about trail running versus road running.
And at the end of the run I had the opportunity to revel in the dullness of road running. Instead of getting the bus home I started to run from Spit Bridge, but after a further 40mins I canned it, sweating my ring out and happy that I'd done enough.
Before I forget, 1408 is a decent movie and sorry Mr Cusack for the extra S. Won't happen again.
Hold on, I forgot the most important news. I finished today's run with a chaffed scrotum, something I did not realise until afterwards when showering and soaping up the sweaty crevice between nut sack and thigh top. Ouch.

No comments:
Post a Comment