Tuesday, June 30, 2015

THE FUNKMASTERS

And...relax. I had 17km to get to my revised target of 600km and decided I'd knock t out in one go so by the time I got to work I could say it's over.


Yet more proof, as if any were needed, that the eighties were awesome.

I was expecting a heavy-legged slog today. It's been a long month - aren't all the -athons? - and the finish line was in sight. I knew I'd not have any difficulty covering the distance (don't want to sound flash, but I can grind out the Ks) and I always run out of a bit of steam at the tail end. I was in a bit of a mental fugg on the way in and didn't know how I'd add the 6k to the commute.

My decision, made on the fly, was to get the extra done before I got to the bridge so that from the steps I could trundle in to work. And that's what I did; I didn't take the Galipolli Steps but ran the hill, I ran down through Mosman and then around Cremorne Point and then did a loop under the northern side of the bridge before the final couple of km to work.

And I was done. Seventeen and a half commute to work. Finished at 8am in Sydney, so I think I was the first to finish this year? I've been typically slack on touring the other entrants' blogs so I don't know if there are any Kiwis who beat me to the finish line?

Maybe see y'all in January. Putting my feet up now.


No comments: