Tuesday, May 29, 2018

some stuff from a typical Tuesday

I finished last night trying to talk a guy into accepting a job offer as a member of my team and being convinced I'd failed. It was all quiet this morning until around 11am when it turns out he has verbally accepted. I'd better write down what I remember saying last night, could come in handy.

Another sort of rushed, all over the place day and I don't really have the mental bandwidth to go through it in too much detail, so a few scattered highlights.

I was parking in Victoria Parade in Manly this afternoon, reversing into a tightish spot in the Delica when a hatchback parked across in front of me. Out came an old lady and I thought she was going to ask for the spot or tell me it was close to her home or some other tale that would be a pain in the arse and would delay me from getting back to the office.

But no. Turns out she just wanted to tell me that I was supposed to be nose to kerb and people get ticketed for arse-in parking. Awesome random act of kindness (not random.) And boo to me for going all glass-half-empty when I saw her pull up.

On the drive down into Manly I saw a load of smoke up on North Head - hazard reduction burning I assumed, and wiht the wind from the north the smoke wasn't annoying anyone. Chatted  bit about it in the office and though no more of it.

Roll forward a few hours and after dropping the kids at their acrobatics class I did my normal run down to Curl Curl. It's about 10k, a nice distance that I can recover from and meditate for a while after while the kids get put through their paces. Was quite keen to see the moon coming up over the ocean, and I did and it was lovely. And looking down south, also lighting up the sky was the fire, clearly still burning on North Head. Here is a really rubbish picture of it.


No comments: