Wednesday, June 20, 2018

grumpy old man #2 - interrupted briefly by gelato

So while catching up with my blog I also sent Sal a message asking her to pick up some cheap shoes for H so she may one day regain the use of her now, apparently, OK foot. I didn't relent on the swimming thing though. You had blisters so bad you struggled to walk therefore that foot stays clean and dry today so you'll have a good day with mum tomorrow.

Can I ask mum if I can go for a swim when she gets home?

I rolled the dice. Yes you can, but I'll tell mum why I said no swimming.

Now of course it did not go down exactly like this, but my blog = my hyperbole.

Hi H, I bought you some new sneakers! Of course you can go for a swim! Yeah, let's all go for ice cream at Gusto's afterward!

Sigh.

So my flat mood, which had plateaued and was maybe on the up after my earlier blogging took a nose dive, and while I can see what was happening - and how to arrest it - I of course did nothing.

Sal, refreshed from her spa but coming down with a cold, bailed on the pilgrimage  to Gusto's. It is every bit as good as tripadvisor said it would be and every bit as chaotic. The website gallery does not show the huge lineups at the two counters - the first is joined to order and pay, the second to choose your scoops.

Because I'm an idiot, and we're on holiday, and we were all sweaty after the 2km post-rain-humid-wander (amazing recovery from H by the way, but she'll walk over flaming glass shards to get to ice cream...sorry, sorry, sorry, cheer up, I know, I know, I know...) I ordered 3 scoops each.

AJ - Merry Christmas, Strawberry and Milk, Oreo
H - Merry Christmas, Vanilla, Oreo (I think...)
Me - Apple crumble, Vanilla, Bounty

Other than the Merry Christmas (nice chocolate start, weird sweet finish) every one was a winner. I'm quite glad the girls left the Merry Christmas because I was feeling a bit queasy and borderling abusive parent providing them with that much sweet, sweet ice cream (drools like Homer Simpson on a donut.)

So there you go, that was good. And I found some wall art to take pics of on the return, so that was also good.



The girls argued over going through the door to the toilet and left a hat behind. But hey, it was OK there for a while, and I get to go diving tomorrow.

Should be able to sleep my grump off.

No comments: