Thursday, October 05, 2006

Another day of unemployment

I like to get up early when unemployed as it makes me feel less bad about my daily afternoon nap. So I got up and went for a run around Centennial Park to see if my left leg is still dodgy and it is. Not really bad about to break down and cry dodgy but just not right and won't make a marathon dodgy. Bugger. Despite that it is a lovely way to start the day and prepares me for looking through job ads and finding nothing that inspires an application. I make a couple of calls and find that one job has been pulled and another agent is out of the office and it's all rather depressing so I pick up the shopping list and head off to Randwick to get get odds sods and ingredients for dinner. Are all blogs like this? Shit that's dull.

While passing through the subject of exercise it is worth mentioning that Sydney's East or at least the part I live in has a population that seems to always be exercising. Queen's Park has school kids doing games from dawn till dusk, joggers and cyclists heading past en route to Centennial Park and personal trainers working with all shape and size of trainee. One was advertising "Group Personal Training" that had and still has me confused. This lot share the park with dog walkers outnumberd five to one by dogs, lads doing football training and young mums watching over kids at play. Head down to Clovelly Pool and find a number of old farts freezing their tits off in the cool spring waters - I made 3minutes on my fist dip - triathletes in traing and if you are either lucky or unlucky joggers in trainers and speedos only. I count myself unlucky to see that. By 9 o clock the beach is filling up and I can't help but think lots of people need not or choose to not work over in this part of the city although it may always be like this and the difference is not them but me. Cannot say I blame them despite starting to wish I was at work.

The afternoon passes away with the aforementioned nap and a Carl Barron DVD that is funny in an updated Tommy Cooper meets Billy Connolly observational in an Australian way way. If you see what I mean. Worth a watch. Then it's pasta for dinner - note to Sally, please read and remember that rarely (very bloody rarely I'll grant) I do cook dinner. So there.

No comments: