Tuesday, October 31, 2006

bogies and bike paths

What sort or person wipes bogies on the wall and door of the toilet stalls at their place of work? Dirty bastard person. People. Because at every "proper" job I have had there have been bogies on the walls and/or door of the toilet stalls. I mean for fucks sake there is a bog roll dispenser right next to you, blow or pick your fucking nose and put it in the pan. Eat it if you must, just don't fucking wipe it on the fucking walls you filthy fucker. Ahem.

And while in angry mode, if you are walking on a cycle path while either talking or texting on your mobile phone you might like to glance up every so often to see if any bikles are coming along the fucking bike path. Just fucking pay attention or get on the walking path.

Other than that it has not been a bad day. At lunch I picked up a bank cheque for a wad of cash that will tomorrow be exchanged for a Subaru Outback H6. The "pearlescent white" one. With all the toys. Yum yum. Work was work, but getting there is now a breeze; 20 minutes on the bike, door to door. On the way home I stopped off at Queens Park to do a few pull and push ups and so on, then I dropped the bike off at Mara's and ran down the hilll to the ocean and back up again. Quite a hill that. Mara was good enough to cook dinner, and after cleaning the already spotless bathroom (I said I would do it so I did; could not help but think I was being forced to be OCD because the
bloody bathroom was spotless.) I knocked back dinner like you'd not believe.

Things I have learnt today about buying a car in Aus. you need a CTP (Compulsory Third Party) insurance, commonly known as the "green slip." I had assued that this was linked to the person, but no, it is with the car. So tomorrow, when I buy the car I get it registered and as it is registered it has a green slip and therefore so do I. Fair enough. I also get a REVs check, Register of Encumbered Vehicles. It is an online check to see if there is outstanding finance, or if the police want it or that sort of stuff. With a REVS certificate I cannot be held liable for outstanding finance - and more importantly my new car cannot be repossessed by whoever is owed cash. And finally, the kicker, I have to pay 3% stamp duty on the car. Stamp duty on a second hand car. Bloody cheek.






Picture for no good reasn

No comments: