Tuesday, October 17, 2006

the chamelon

At last I get to have a fun ride on my bike. The scuba yellow Santa Crus that I bought from eBay in England while Sally was ou of the country. I was never going to get away with her not noticing because our bikes were kept in the bedroom and the appearance of a 3rd, bright yellow bike in the bedroom is not easy to miss. Anyway, today I took her for a spin around the park and she is a beaut. Heavy, single speed and equipped with big tyres and a big fork meant for jumping she does not go up hill that well. But she is bad boy styled and I love her.

Aside. Ricky, who is still in Australian Idol, did not play an instrument on "play an instrument" night and has now not sung a song of his own on "sing your own song" night. Same goes for Jessica. Bunch of arse. And her vibratto gets right on my tits. The world does not even need one Mariah Carey. Bobby Flynn should be spewing. But hey, these phone in things are a popularity and not a talent contest, so ho-hum.

Back off the bike and straight out for a run - the bike was my warm up - and using the heart rate monitor properly I made 65minutes with little to no ill effect but lets see what happens in the morning. I have got a little ahead of myself. The day started with a visit to the doctor who gazed in my eyes, had me read the chart from 6m and took my blood pressure. Nothing apparently wrong so maybe my eyes are simply wearing out a little and tomorrow an optomotrist gets a go at them. Possibly long sighted, might need glasses. Sight is good enough to avoid the bins, of which there are bloody hundreds out on the pavements on bin day. Green for garden waste, yellow for recyclables - and you can recycle most stuff now - and red for other crud. Then it was coffee o clock, then the bike and the run and then...

On the way home I popped into TS Bookshop in Randwick. I love secondhand book shops. They have a fantastic small and encourage me to look non-specifically for, well, anything. Today I got The End of the Line, a low on laughs book about overfishing and the other is Cockroach. About cockroaches. Had a word about another book that is on my list, Let My People Go Surfing, but alas.

I get grief for not cooking so I went to Terry Wright's Gourmet Meats to get some chicken breasts, for I was going to cook dinner. And what a dinner it was! Well, it was OK. Chicken and mushroom in a garlic cream sauce with cheesy potato topping and some veg. Tasty shit, if a bit heart-attack on a plate, but plates cleaned all round and - don't tell anyone - I enjoyed making it. Back to Terry for a while - support your local, independent traders. The shopping experience is so much better than in supermarkets. You can have a yarn with the guys and girls. Human interactrion, try it, it's great.

No comments: