Tuesday, October 24, 2006

damn near made myself puke

...and that is actually a good thing. Did some hilll work in Queen's Park including three sprints (well, kind of) up to the highest part of the park. Legs burning, stars before the eyes, head spinning. By design and I stopped before I actually hurled. So I went home happy.

Work was better than yesterday and I'll leave it at that in case my employer is reading and I'm in breach of something and get myself in the shit. So there. But I achieved a couple of things and that's good. I also discovered bike racks in the basement and showers in the building so I'll be able to ride or run into work. And I caught up with Sal, who walked to Martin Place after she finished, and we got the bus home too-ge-ver. Aaaaaggghhhhh.

Lunch was a weird affair. I wandered over to the Domain and was surprised at just how many people there were exercising. Boxercise, football and swarms of joggers. I finished my sarnie (gourmet vegetables from just down the road) and headed back to Martin Place. Sally called to say that the house was back on - maybe - having spoken to DJ at lunch so yet again let us see. I was put off of the conversation by a canoodling couple in a doorway. Lots of touching and tender, closeness. Nothing wrong there. In fact nothing wrong at all, just odd. One of the guys was you're typical city worker and the other guy looked to be in his 60s and was wearing short football shorts and a t-shirt, a baseball cap on top of his tanned neck that had the skin texture of that thing under a turkeys neck. Very odd. Don't see much of that in the City of London. I headed back to the office.

On the way I got a coffee and while I was waiting looked through the menu. One item grabbed my attention. "Gluten Free Biscuits". No indication of what they would taste like. None. So I assume they taste like shit and I'll never find out.

A late contender for moment of the day came this evening. Mara has to study a mental illness for her college work so I looked through the phobia list and found
coulrophobia, the fear of clowns and that look me to http://www.ihateclowns.com/ where you can get coffee cups, shirts, a bag, stickers and other stuff that will display your hatred of clowns. Fantastic! Apart from maybe the customer pic of the lass with the rifle. A bit worrying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hershel "Krusty the Clown" Krustofski has got a lot to answer for ..!