an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear, etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like: in awe of God; in awe of great political figures.
Moving to Newtown from just down the road; not awesome. Having a friend, with car, help you move; not awesome. People, stop overusing awesome. Now I have that of of my grumpy not enough sleep chest, I can continue.
Weird dream last night, in the moments of sleep between spells dealing with barking dogs - the neighbours doberman cross kept jumping over our garden fence and Rumpole took noisy exception to his prescence in his yard. In the end I let Rumpole into the house and that was fine until Boston got bored and lonely and homesick and started to whine. Loudly. Eventually my stress levels fell and I nodded off. Rumpole nodded off way before me.
So the parts I remember from this dream. A couple of lorikeets on a couple of lamposts, and next to them fly in (don't ask me how) a couple of blue grouper. Yes, fly in and yes they are large fish. One fish manages to get one bird into it's mouth and starts eating it. I saw blood and feathers as the bird was gluped down. Somewhere in the dream I was getting a lift form the guy who works next to me and, in the dream, he had a really shit car. Already fading from my memory, the last thing I remember is that in the dream I was reminding myself that I had to write down what was happening in so I would remember it when I awoke. I was using the phrase 'nature red in tooth and claw' as I way to remember it. All a bit too self-referential for my liking.
Cracking word heard at work today. "Decomplicating". Love it. Far better than simplifying.
No comments:
Post a Comment