Thursday, May 31, 2007

my dog has no nose

Got home last night to find a stinking dog. Thought he had shit in his fur, then thought it was bike grease collected as he squirms past me when I put my bike away, but now I suspect shit once more. I sniffed my bike chain this morning and the smell was...different. On the plus side, I spent last night convinced my hands were covered in sticky bike chain grease, a far nicer end to the day than covered in shit. I ended up cutting said crap from the dogs hair. Lucklily it was only a small patch and his haircut is hardly noticeable. So no need to tell Sally, Unless, of course, she reads this. Let the games begin! The picture is from Sunday, when puppy was washed. So he'll be stinkin' for the best part of a fortnight now.

Rumpole has discovered the area under the house. Prior to this weekend he would pop his head in the door but not cross the threshold. However, on Sunday he came right under the house, specifically right under the bathroom to join me as I inspected our leaking pipes. Not expectign him to join me, the first movement I saw from the corner of my eye, in the periphery of my vision and just out of proper torch beam light, caught me off guard. The fur brushing against my leg gave me 'RAT! HUGE RAT!' horror story thoughts in an instant, the instant over as soon as puppy head dumped itself upon my bended knee. Cute little bastard.

Cavaet upfront. It must be a terrible thing to lose a child. Not (neceswsarily) for one to die but to lose as in lose, have kidnapped/abducted. But this I cannot fathom. Having a picture of your missing child blessed by the Pope. And visiting Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Morocco and Germany to raise awareness of a daughter's disapperance. The English family lost their daughter in Portugal.

No comments: