Tuesday, June 05, 2007

the dog and the smoker

Feeling quite good about myself. A lass I saw at lunch had a small puppy under one arm and a cigarette in the other. So up to her I wanders and politely aske her to keep said fag from said pup on account of his little lungs. She was taken aback but happy to comply.

Weird dreams last night. Something about diving in crystal clear waters in Norway, at one point I was stacking unrelated objects into pigeon holes and either I or Sal were shouting what I suspect was the wrong name to attract the attention of a woman walking a red setter. And I'd not eaten cheese. Go figure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

On a similar note, but the flip-side of it. The other day I was playing football in the park with my kids and some woman with a labrador let it shite on the field and was then walking off. I went over and pointed out the fact that one of my kids could fall onto those turds and maybe she should think about using some of the gloves provided by the Council to "clear that shit up!!". She was not impressed and was about to walk off until I brandished my camera phone and threatened to take her photo and give it to the Council - that seemed to do the trick

auswomble said...

Such folks should not be allowed to own dogs. There are plenty of them over here too. No one enjoys picking up shit; the warm gooeyness is somewhat unpleasant. But you're spot on when it comes to anywhere near where kids or adults play.