It seems that the winner of the wheelchair event completed the race in a little over 1:30. Niall, as I espoused my views, suggested the applause I witnessed may have been for the leading athlete. The leading man got a round of applause, the leading woman, so it follows that the leading wheelchair athlete would get the same. You know what; he has a point.
I'll leave the previous post as yet more evidence of what an opinionated prick I am.
Specifics may be wrong, but I stick to the essence of what I say.
Follow up news; I swung my legs out of bed this morning, planted my feet on the floor and really upset my calf muscles. Tight; very tight. I'd stretched some after the race and I'd not dehydrated myself, pissing with typical frequency from very soon after the race, so the extent of the ache was more than I'd expected. In a way it pleased me though; it means I did put in a respectable effort. So I'll pat myself on the back, happy with my 140th place (I think; need to confirm that when the website recovers from the hammering it has taken all day.)
No comments:
Post a Comment