adj. Deep in thought; contemplative. n. 1. Contemplation; meditation. 2. A product of contemplation.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
now you see me now you don't
Not for the want of trying is there not the picture I wanted atop this entry. Not sure that says what I mean, but I'm sure you get what I mean. At long last a reasonable bit of graffiti appeared in downtown Willoughby, an inoffensive monochrome outline of a cartoon figure with one arm outstretched, finger pointing. This graf, that I saw yesterday morning when walking Rumpole, was sprayed upon a dull, boring, battleship grey concrete pillar under a flyover. Yes, it is vandalism of council property, but in my humble it had some artistic merit, was not a mindless tag and certainly made the pillar look more interesting. Fast forward to this morning and Rowlf's turn to get the morning walk. Phone-avec-camera in pocket I retraced yesterday's steps, disapointed to see that the council (I assume) had taken action against my target-subject and painted over it with a large, slightly-lighter-than-battleship-grey paint square. Poo. My own fault for not having a camera to hand yesterday. Lesson, once again, learnt.
No comments:
Post a Comment