Thursday, October 11, 2007

bogong

Sydney has swarms and swarms of Bogong moths in town at the moment. Apparently the westerly winds have blown them off track and into town where, as night falls they come out of the nooks and crannies they spend the days in and fly in large packs all around the city.
Tonight I ran home and kept having the bloody things bounce off of my legs and arms and face. Weird. They are due to be gone in a week or so. Running over the bridge you have few dodge options. Another good thing about the narrowness of the path is that you can hardly avoid spotting people you know if they are also walking the bridge (ggod thing? bad thing?) Anyhoo, I almost literally ran into an American guy I worked with at St George Bank around 6 years ago. Very cosmopolitan, if somewhat anglo.

I went out on the piss last night, against my better judgment. As it happens the night out was good. Grog and food and then I slept on "thing" in the sunroom, with the dogs. "Thing" is a large stuffed booster pillow, around 7ft long and when plumped up about a foot square, that I bought
years ago at a hippy market in Bondi. It has a velour-ish cover of brown squares. The dogs love it, I love it, Sally hates it, I'm glad we have a sunroom of it would be out in a skip.

So today I awoke feeling like shit and in a feral mood, hacked off no end at my willingness to piss away all my good health and fitness work. Sure, it was one minor blow out and I'll be back on the wagon in under a month, bu boy was I pissy. Being a fully grown bloke I did the decent thing and took all of my anger out on Sal.

No comments: