Thursday, January 12, 2012

think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts


Wow, 17degrees with 41% humidity this morning. Not at all summer like. I guess the howling gale I ran into last night has blown the bleugh weather away for a spell. The dog walk was especially pleasant and the sunrise was, again, magnificent.

Were it not a commute on tired legs I think I would have thoroughly enjoyed this morning's trot to work. As it was I got the job done. And then added just a little bit. I'm meeting a couple of friends after work tonight and that means I'll not be running home. So, with Andrew lurking a little too close for comfort I figured a couple of extra morning kilometres would not go amiss. I did the same run as last Friday morning, doubled back under the Bridge and then headed to the office via Barangaroo for a smidge over 14km.

I don't want anyone to think I'm being a slacker with my not running home. So I went for a run at noon. I revived one of my old stock lunchtime runs, a loop around the city that hugs the foreshore as clsoely as possible. At noon in the summer you get to clock up a few more metres by dodging tourists. You realise that Sydney has a lot of lunchtime runners. There was a big group congregated by Circular Quay and a conga-line going around Farm Cove. Cannot say I blame them; 21C and 39% humidity is fabulous summer running weather.

I added a couple of kinks to the end of the run to try and squeeze out a nice round 24km for the day. I got to my office at 23.33 and stopped. Not a bad number, and happy to see a total time of under 2hrs for the two. Also happy to have a slightly longer rest before my next run. And, while I'm being happy about things, I was pleasantly surprised at how OK I felt after having only 3.5hrs between the mornings 14 and the lunchtime 9. Another day done.

I'm properly bloody hungry now.

Meanwhile, later and at home...

Right, I'll slot it in here and hope no one notices (oo-er!)

How is it possible for runningfreeonline to suspect that a GPS tack is a duplicate? I mean really...different time, different distance and my GPS is accurate to within 3m so probably different co-ordinates. Come on! And, why does it get the time and elevation and weather wrong? Come on...I spend more time deleting crap info than I do uploading the good stuff.

Sorry, but it's been bugging me for a while and I needed to get it off my chest.

Had a few beers tonight, need sleep now. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Tegan said...

I like how runningfree always gets the weather wrong. It's like a little game I play with myself waiting for it to say clear when it's cloudy and chucking it down with rain. Very impressive mileage so far this year, you put the rest of us to shame! :-)

Anonymous said...

I didn't think you were a slacker for not runing in the afternoon!