Monday, June 01, 2015

CHESNEY HAWKES

I once had a brief chat with Chesney Hawkes, in a pub, in Richmond Upon Thames. He pointed at untaken stool by the table I was sitting at and asked if anyone was sitting there. I replied no, it's all yours if you want it and he thanked me. It's only a little brush with fame, but there you go.





What, you may be asking, has Chesney Hawkes got to do with Juneathon? Thank you for asking. If my right foot, currently elevated and aching, does not make a remarkable recovery overnight then today might turn out to be my one and only day of Juneathon 2015. You can see what I did there?

I ran to and from work today for a grand total of a bit over 20km. The run to work was an achey affair with a nagging something on the outside of my right foot enlisting my right shin to join in the achiness. A day at work and things got no less achey and I probably shouldn't have run home but I was on auto-pillock when the wife called to tell me she was on her way to pick up the car and the kids with neither car nor house key. I quickly changed into my running gear and hit the road, figuring I'd get home at the same time as her and the kids after having a go at running off what is probably an overuse injury. I'm not a smart man.

I didn't log the few hundred local metres I ran this morning looking for my escaped dog. His brain has snapped recently and he jumps the back gate to go scavenging. I'd asked my 6yr old daughter to keep an eye on him while I did 10minutes of work in the lounge; she was, after all, in the kitchen-stroke-casual-living area, the back wall of which is almost entirely glazed and overlooks the small garden the dog was not in. In her defence - she is only 6. She tried valiantly to lie herself out of trouble before I did a quick up-and-down the street, returning dogless.

We eventually found him as we drove the local streets before heading to daycare and before-school care. I locked the pooch in the house, dropped the kids off and hit the road. Daft bloody dog.

Assuming I manage to do a few more runs I'll do a review of my new Garmin Vivoactive. I like it. It automatically syncs with Strava, where you can see today's runs to and from work. Twenty two point seven for the day. Let's hope that isn't it for the week. I suppose I should see about uploading to runningfreonline...

No comments: