Thursday, August 18, 2016

two day catchup

Food remains pretty much the same with fruit, nuts a large cap and green tea at work. A mug of bone broth and yesterday's dinner was lamb saag followed by yoghurt and muesli, tonight was omelette followed by the yoghurt and muesli again.

Yesterday's exercise was the ride to and from work and an 8km run up to North Head and back. Both tougher and quicker than I expected. Lovely day for it though.

I'm putting that down as my one and possibly only official training hit out before the Pub2Pub at the end of the month. The ride home was a bit more of a slog than usual as I had a new toy - a set of Garmin Index scales. Not strictly necessary, but at least I now know I have the body fat percentage of an athlete (go me!) or for my age I am "underfat" (so should probably get back on the sauce?) Anyway, Sal is happy, Garmin Connect has a bit more data from us.

Today's exercise was the bike to and from work (probably don't need to mention that every day) a gentle trot along the beach - 1.4km - to do my usual HIIT session - and then a gently trot back again. The best bit - there was a whale breaching for around 15minutes or my exercise session. The worst bit - my legs really fucking ache. Given them a decent workout this week though.


Toying wiht the idea of a day of rest tomorrow..but a gym weights session then a swim on Saturday would kinda complete the set for the week. See how I feel in the morning.

No comments: