Monday, October 09, 2006

that's not a wave, THAT'S a wave


Trotted off to the pool this morning and knew I was on a loser when I could hear it before I could see it. Yesterday's wind had not picked up and the pool was like a washing machine on spin-you-bastard-spin cycle and there was all sorts of brown scum on the surface and I, along with everyone else, thought better of it. Well almost everybody else. From the sothern side and with waves lashing up around 8ft over the sides (not 8ft waves, but a walkway at 8ft-ish was getting aproper soaking) I watched as two lads on the norther side threw themselves into one wave and let themselves get washed back out again on the next. Such a reckless disregard for personal safety makes good viewing so I watched as they threw themselves in a couple of times more and on one ocassion missed the second wave and were left clinging to the wall until the 3rd of 4th wave would eventually throw them back onto Australia. Bored or tired with this they went on to laying on the ground and getting washed back across the pool side (flat concrete over rocks) and then sitting on the pool side between waves so that when one came in they were washed off of the rocks and into the pool and then back onto the rocks again. A small audience had formed and the opinion was that they were suicidal but, and I have not seen any news yet, they seemed to survive and be enjoying their failed euthansia antics. The body boarder out front of Gordon's Bay, alone, did not have an audience once I left him - it must have been a bloke, women are nowhere near that stupid. He made a coupe,of very nasrty looking waves and then instead of paddling back to shore like his life depended upon it which it probably did he kept going back for more. Bonkers.

While I remember; Australian Idol. One of those lets make a pop star shows. A couple of observations. Unlike the UK where the singers in the later rounds are all pretty good there are a couple over here that are shocking. Contest should be pretty well over now with around 8 weeks left as Bobby Flynn is head, shoulders and impressive white-man afro above all the others. Especially the ones that re real shit. The judging is formula annoyance, apart from Marsha Hines who loves everyone and adds nothing whatsoever. I cannot believe this shit has me hooked. Yes I can.

Dead flower follow up. If you don't like dusting and sweeping and I cannot believe anyone does why buy dead flowers and mohair blankets that shed eh? I dunno. Rant narrowly avoided.

No comments: