Sunday, November 05, 2006

A wet weekend

This weekend has been a bit of a non event. I started with a 75min run that was a bit of a struggle but I made the time and was happy with that. It was a cool and drizzly morning and volleyball was called off. I headed up to Super Cheap Autos to get a replcacement headlight bulb for the car that I fitted with no drama - another reason to love Subarus; even a klutz like me can do the basics on them. Sal and I then went to The Parc cafe for breakfast and then we headed, with Mara, up the coast to spend the night with the in-laws at Niagara Park. Yes, the day was that ordinary, but it was chilled enough. Eating, chatting, playing with Oscar the labradoodle and not doing a great deal more and, well, that was pretty well it for the day.

And Sunday has not been a great deal more exciting. I got up early and headed to Terrigal to see if I would be inspired to go for a swim and I wasn't. The weather had not improved and that meant everyone on the beach was huddled out of the wind at the southern end. Plenty of folks there, looked like a surf carnival and there were a couple of those old lifesaving boats doing their thing. A bit crowded and crap looking so I headed back to Mike and Maureen's for breakfast. Breakfast done we popped to Erina for a catch up, tea and bun with Louise and Jason (looking and sounding well) then back to Mike and Maureen's for soup and a bun before Sal got a call from work and we had to head home. As did shit loads of other folks on the same rain lashed road, the F3. Still awake? Not a great deal to read but some weekends are just like that. Eating and chatting and chilling.

So let me get this off of my chest. Mobile phone users. OK, we have to listen in on your inane conversations on a bus, the ones where you talk about what time you'll be getting home - same time as every other night - and whether you want fish and chips or whatever the shit-else we don't need or want to know. I can deal with that. Just. But please stop punctuating every sentance with "erm", "yeah", "kinda" and "like". Whole sentance such as "erm well yeah kinda like yeah I guess yeah y'know." You sound stupid and ignorant. In my humble opinion.


No comments: