Wednesday, January 28, 2015

bluegh

A truly horrible night's sleep. I'd watched almost all of the Australia vs. UAE game in the Asian Cup, figuring that Australia had it won at 2-0 with 5minutes to go I went to bed. Sal stayed up to watch Baz Luhrmann's Australia, which she'd recorded over the weekend. The last hour or so seems to have 'Over the Rainbow' playing non-stop. I wasn't feeling well and that did not help. I tossed and turned and that was the way the night went. The internal thermostat was all over the place.  I know I fell asleep at some point because I had a dream about putting an aircon unit on a factory roof. Helped by Julie Wallets, Joanna Lumley and Joan Rivers. Bizarre. They weren't very helpful.

I got up at 05:20 to take the dog for a short walk and get a coffee, came home, packed my gear and headed towards the office. It was overcast and raining and around 17degrees - half what we had on Sunday. No wonder my body was confused. The run didn't feel as slow as it was. My Reynaud's kicked in leaving my fingertips yellow, I felt dizzy and was shivering a little more than I thought was strictly necessary. Very glad to get that out of the way, and as I reach for a Lemsip I'm wondering if I'll knock out my lunchtime loop or if I'll pull the pin and head home for some rest.

Of course I went for a lunchtime run. I felt bloody awful, but figured that if I could get moving I'd be OK, at least while I was running. And that was the way it played out. Another spell of standing in the rain waiting for the Garmin to lock on followed by another foreshore loop in the rain. And then after I finished I felt bloody awful again. Not really a lot more than that to say about it.

Another 20-and-a-bit-km added to the total. Nearly there.

Janathon total 621km

No comments: