Wednesday, July 20, 2016

it is far easier to stop than start again

It was remarkably easy to give up running. Even after 12years and fuck knows how many miles. Paraphrasing a little, but when a physio says something along the lines of "if you keep running you'll maybe snap that achilles" then stopping is pretty easy. So I stopped. But I hate not moving, so I started doing my HIIT stuff and cycling to work.

But the achilles feels OK now. I don't limp the firt couple of steps of the morning so I figure I'm ok to start again. Slow and steady.

Starting up again after six months is bloody horrible. I think the cycling, squats and burpees are great exercises and I do tend to beat the crap out of myself a bit so they will have been beneficial. But they're not running and I cerainly don't have running legs at the moment.

This is going to be  very short post because Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol is on and I'd far rather watch Tom Cruise's straight-hand running than moan about my running.

No comments: