Saturday, August 13, 2016

A typical Saturday

Up at a little after 06:30 to walk the dog - 5km easy stroll, large cappuccino and a small biscuit (because fuck the diet!)

Back home and load the girls into the car; drop H at gymnastics and head to a new cafe - Fuel Espresso in Brookvale - for breakfast with AJ. Mum does the weekly chores in peace and quiet. Fuel is a recommendation from a guy at work. It is run by a friend of his and he mentioned it when I said I fancied trying shakshuka. As it happens I still fancy trying it because I had a second large cap and a tub of yoghurt, muesli and rhubarb. I do like my rhubarb. The coffee was good, the place comfortably crowded and busy with takeout trade. Refuelled AJ and I caught up on some olympic action, including heat 2 of the women's 1500m. Sifan Hassan ran a bonkers race, hanging at the back until the last lap and then overtaking the pack to win it - looked awesome. Then back to collect H and head to the pool for the kids' swimming lesson.

Had to take a picture of this up near the gymnastics place

A photo posted by @auswomble on

The girls' lessons are at the same time (it was water safety week this week, so clothed and learning not to die and what to do if someone else looks like they might) and I jump in and do a few laps. I swim like a brick. Haven't done a lot of work on my swimming since leaving school. I had a few technique lessons when I was back in the London over a decade ago, but apart from that I'm mainly run for exercise and sunk wiht or without a tank when in the water. Swimming - it's not as easy as some people make it look.

It occured to me today that I could let my Garmin Vivoactive know I was swimming. I did 100m and then switched to 50m their-and-backs with a rest between each for 500m in 11min 29sec. You'll have to take my work for it or hope this link works because when I tried to embed the code form Strava it said it was 19minutes on a stationary bike. Dur?

Back home and did some stuff, then had a cheese and pickle sarnie (because fuck the diet!) on wholemeal with butter.

Right, off to make dinner for the girls. Will update later with whatever I have for dinner. At the moment I have NFI.

Back again....I may have snuck two cheese slices and a slim slice of hame before dinner. Dinner was broccoli, baramundi and some sweet potato, then  had a bowl of yoghurt and muesli.

No comments: