Sunday, August 14, 2016

Sunday lovely sunday

Quick run through of the day before I go to bed. Early nigtt because I'm on a week of early starts.

Up at 7am, a bit later than usual because I stayed up last night to watch the opening game of the English Premier League, this despite Garmin having told me earlier in the day that I slept less than 86% of people like me and I should really try and get some more sleep. They're probably right. Anyway, hull won 2-1 - surprising just about everyone. Alas AFC Wimbledon had lot by a similar score by the time I woke up.

Anyway, 5km dog walk to the Harbour wiht a large cappuccino. Back for some breakfast (big brekky and another large cap) and then I took the girls to Rockhouse for some rock climbing, AJ at a friend's birthday partner and me wiht the H bomb. Both of them were up to the top in no time - loved it. We will be going back.

After that I dropped the girls back home and then drove to Chatswood to drop the car off for its annual service. I always use Chatswood Auto Repairs because they were recommended to me by JCJ and have never let me down. The walk back was another 13km and another large cappuccino. Nnot a quick walk - blame the camera I had taken along for company.

Quick aside - I walked past our old house, the one we sold along wiht the plans to extend it to a lovely 4-bedder. Looks like the new owners are getting near to completing our vision for the place. Glad the old cottage wasn't bulldozed, but kinda sad that it isn't us that got it done. Lovely house, super-quiet street too...ah well, not exactly slumming it over on the beaches.



Got home and had a cheeky couple of cheese slices - basically pre-sliced cheese, not that plastic shite - to get me through to dinner. Dinner was a bit of a roast; some pork (lovely) and broccoli. The spuds and pumpkin had been kinda cremated so I passed on them. I did finish off the greek yoghurt wiht a bit of muesli.

And that is a quick run through of the moving and eating for the day - probably a zero-sum game. Seriously considering the Garmin Index smart scales because well why not. Geeky fun.

Quick aside #2. It was the City2Surf today. Didn't run it. Sad face. Bloody achilles. But surely if I can spend 6.5 of my first 10 wakeful hours on my feet, walking almost 20km in there, then I should be able to run again. Surely...

No comments: