Thursday, August 11, 2016

Day 4 and I've broken already - but only a bit

Day of rest so exercise was the 6km to and 6km from work on the pushie and a stroll at lunchtime. Which was rather nice.

A photo posted by @auswomble on

The morning food was 2 carrots, an apple and a banana, some capsicum and celery sticks dipped in hummus with chilli. And a large cappuccino. At lunchtime I bought a bag of salted peanuts, one of almonds and one of walnuts and had some of the peanuts and walnuts. That and a green tea was my lot until I got home from work via picking the kids up.

At home I had some bacon - some being the 5 rashers that made up the whole packet - and the one remaining egg that Sal hasn't boiled ready to eat at precisely whatever-the-fuck-o-clock she MUST eat at. Then I broke and finished off the left-over lasagne. It was surplus to the kids' requirements and would have been thrown away. I'm so weak. But fuck this calorie deficit, I want to do either a HIIT or gym session tomorrow without passing out.  And I hate seeing food wasted.

Rather than fully bail on the diet I think I'll allow myself to sweep up whatever leftovers would otherwise be throw away, the obvious exceptions to the rule being deserts and sugary shit. Mind you, the kids rarely leave any of that on the plate.

Yep, I think I can live with myself.

Might have some of the yoghurt that is in the fridge already opened from pre diet days.

No comments: