Friday, August 12, 2016

Day 4 goes a little off piste

Exercise is likely to be just the ride to and from work and not the HIIT session I'd hoped to do. I might still get a set in, but I had an iffy stomach this morning and then needed to head home early from work to collect AJ from school. She'd fallen off a sofa at before-school-care and bonked her head and was staying upset. It sounded like she came close to knocking herself out, but I got her to follow a raised finger wiht her eye, tell me her birthday, balance on one leg and identify which hand I was touching while she closed her eyes. She seems good. iPad, Olympics on the tele and no school the best medicine.

Food...Large cappuccino, an apple, two carrots and a banana. Small cup of mixed salted peanuts and almonds. Lunch was probably about 3-4eggs of the 5 egg ham and cheese omelette AJ and I shared, followed by greek yoghurt and strawberries. The cheese, yoghurt and strawberries are proper off-piste items.

Right, back to my working from home...

Afternoon update, and of course I did some exercise. Work pretty well done for the day - certainly the motivation to work - and the kids plonked in front of Madagascar 3 I decided to have a crack at my version of a HIIT session.

So it was the usual, performed out in the sunroom.

  • 25 star jumps
  • 25 squats
  • 25 pushups
  • 15 burpees
  • 25 pushups
  • 25 squats
  • 25 starjumps
  • 45second rest

The exercises take a bit under 3min. I do 4 sets. At the end of the 4th set I rest for 1min and then do a 5th with the burpees upped to 25. Then another 1 minute rest and a set of 15/10burpees done fast.

And that's it. Sweat like a racehorse, over in about 20minutes.

Any other week I'd have a beer to reward my virtuousness.

Me again. A bit more food. Hummus with chili sauce and half a capsicum. Now I'm defrosting some rhubarb I found in the freezer. Probably have that with some Greek yoghurt and maybe some honey as a naughty treat (as if honey isn't just sugar, sheesh.) That'll be me done for the day.

So I had a bit of the rhubarb. On its own. It was a bit depressing, I'll not lie. It hinted at a crumble I can't have. So I decided I would rather be hungry than miserable but I'll probably end up both.

Harumph.

No comments: